For TAN registration no specific document or proof of identity is needed. For accessing TAN, Form 49 B needs to be filled and submitted. The procedure for enrollment is stated below-
- You can fill and submit the form 49 B online or send a finalized Form 49 B to any TIN Facilitation Centre of NSDL. It is simple to request electronically.
- If you find any fault in your form, fix it and resubmit it online.
- A verification screen will open up and it will request your confirmation.
- After verifying the form, an acknowledgment slip will appear which comprises the name of the applicant, payment details, applicant status, contact details, a 14-digit acknowledgment number, and space for the signature.
- Payment can be made by Demand draft or Cheque or Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Demand draft/cheque shall be in favor of ‘NSDL – TIN‘.
- The demand draft shall be payable at Mumbai.
- candidates making payment by cheque shall deposit a local cheque (drawn on any bank) with any HDFC Bank branch across the country (except Dahej). The candidate shall introduce TANNSDL on the deposit slip.
- The name of the applicant and the acknowledgment number should be introduced on the reverse of the demand draft/cheque.
- On favorable payment by credit card/debit card/net banking, an acknowledgment will be displayed. The candidate shall save and print the acknowledgment and send it to NSDL as mentioned in section ‘Submission of Documents’ below.
- Signature / Left thumb impression should only be within the box given in the acknowledgment. In the case of applicants other than ‘Individuals’, the authorized signatory shall sign the acknowledgment.
- Left-hand Thumb impression, if used, should be authenticated by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
- The acknowledgment duly signed along with the demand draft, if any, shall be sent to NSDL at NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune- 411 016.
- Superscribe the catalog with ‘APPLICATION FOR TAN Acknowledgment Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION TAN – 8830102056244’).
- Your acknowledgment and demand draft, if any, should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.
- The application will be processed only on receipt of duly signed acknowledgment and realization of payment.
Some important points while applying for TAN:
- Candidates, if they want to, can track the status of their TAN using the 14-digit acknowledgment number on the site whenever needed.
- The tan number is issued by the Income Tax Department to all those people who apply online.
- The application can’t be made online. People who want to achieve TAN need to fill the form online only.
- Form 49 B can be filled on a typewriter but, the spellings should be correct with the use of capital letters.
- The fees applicable for application is Rs.63/- only (Rs.55/- application charge + 15% Service Tax).
- Candidates making credit card/debit card payment will be charged an additional surcharge of Rs.5.00 + service tax by the bank giving payment gateway facility.
- Candidates making payment by Net Banking facility will be charged an additional surcharge of Rs.4.00 + service tax for payment gateway facility.
- Persons authorized to make credit card/debit card / net banking payment for other categories are as follow:
- A person can apply just for one TAN. If you apply for new registration of TAN, then you must submit your old TAN before a new one is issued. Applying more than one TAN is against the law as per the provisions of the act
|Category of Applicant||Authorized Person whose credit/debit card/net banking can be used for making the payment|
|Company/Branch/Division of a Company||Any Director of a Company|
|Individual (Sole Proprietorship) or Branch of Individual Business||Self|
|Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)||Karta|
|Firm / Branch of Firm||Any Partner of the firm|
|Association of Persons/Body of Individuals/Association of Persons (Trusts)/Artificial Juridical Person||Authorized Signatory under Section 140|